The tuition for The Filmmaking and Photography Intensives is $17,000 and includes the following, at no additional cost:
- Books and production related costs
- Access to equipment (cameras, lighting, sound, editing suites, etc.)**
- Public screening of students' advanced work
- Optional apprenticeship program following graduation:
- Additional career support and development through networking events, interview coaching, portfolio review, serving as job reference
- Referrals for internships and paid production work (as available)
- One year full access membership to Pittsburgh Filmmakers following graduation
- Free enrollment in limited number of additional, ongoing classes for up to 2 years following graduation
- **Students are required to provide their own portable hard drive, minimum 500GB and formatted Mac OS Extended.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Initial payment of tuition is due July 15. Payments may be made by check, Discover, Visa, MasterCard, cash or money order. Third party payments may be accepted under certain circumstances – please contact the Registrar for details.
Interest-Free Payment Plan
Students who choose not to subsidize the program with private loans can take advantage of our payment plan, which spreads the cost of the program out over four payments and is interest-free :
- Installment of $5925.00 due July 15
- Installment of $4225.00 due Nov 12
- Installment of $4225.00 due Jan 8
- Installment of $2625.00 due March 16*
*The initial $100 tuition deposit is deducted from the final payment in the payment plan.
Our payment plan is without interest, however, we do impose a $25 late fee after posted deadlines. An additional $25 weekly (five business days) will accrue until payment is made.
Pittsburgh Filmmakers’ School is an approved SAA provider for GI Bill benefits.
At this time, federal loans are not available for The Filmmaking Intensive; however, students can fund the program through multi-purpose private loans. These are often credit-based, may involve a co-signer or collateral (such as a home equity loan) and may be available through your credit union or local bank.
We also have a long-standing relationship with Dollar Bank, and they may be able to help you identify ways to fund the program. For more information, please feel free to contact Ellis Weinstein, their Loan Center Manager, at 412.531.2100 or email@example.com
Dollar Bank has been a sponsor of the Three Rivers Film Festival for over 15 years and has been collaborating with Pittsburgh Filmmakers since 2004. We are proud to support the arts community and the development of new artists.
Dollar Bank provides a variety of affordable, low cost loan options and deposit products including:
- Home Equity Term Loans
- Home Equity Lines of Credit
- Timeline Visa
- FreeMoney Checking and Savings
To apply, contact Ellis Weinstein, Loan Center Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 412.531.2100. For further information, click here.
Equal Housing Lender. Member FDIC. Copyright © 2013, Dollar Bank, Federal Savings Bank.
At the borrower’s option, these loans may be used for a variety of purposes including school expenses. Dollar Bank does not provide Private Education Loans.
*This is for informational purposes only.
To see a full list of organizations that offer financial support to aspiring filmmakers and photographers, click here. For more information, visit the Foundation Center in the Carnegie Library’s main branch in Oakland (2nd floor), where you will find numerous resources, including workshops and additional materials related to grant applications and the grant writing process. You can also visit them at their site. The foundations/organizations listed are not affiliated with Pittsburgh Filmmakers (with the exception of Pittsburgh Center for the Arts) in any way.
Refunds of Program fees paid:
$40 Application Fee: After five (5) days of receipt by the School, this fee is NONREFUNDABLE
$100 Tuition Deposit: After five (5) days of receipt by the School, this fee is NONREFUNDABLE
TUITION (based on full semester tuition rate of $8,500):
- If DROPPING before 5 calendar days past the effective date of the Enrollment Agreement and prior to semester start: 100% refund
- If DROPPING after 5 calendar days past the effective date of the Enrollment Agreement and prior to semester start: 100% refund (less any nonrefundable fees)
- If DROPPING within first 7 calendar days after start of semester: 25% of tuition ($2,125.00) is NONREFUNDABLE
- If DROPPING after the 7th calendar day of semester but prior to the 5th week of the semester: 45% ($3,825.00) is NONREFUNDABLE
- If DROPPING after the 4th week but prior to the 8th week of the semester: 70% ($5,950.00) is NONREFUNDABLE
- If DROPPING after the 7th week of the semester: ($8,500.00) is NONREFUNDABLE
A student who is entitled to a refund must submit a signed Drop form to the Registrar (see Drop policy). Refund calculation will be based on the last day of recorded attendance. All eligible refunds will be issued within thirty (30) calendar days of the Registrar’s receipt of a signed Drop form.