- Artist Services
Construct - Fiber Arts Guild of Pittsburgh - Call for Entries
What inspires the construction of contemporary fiber work? What drives the creation of art using fiber techniques and materials? How are artists informed and inspired by this medium? Why fiber now? The Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh’s 2014 member’s exhibition, Construct, attempts to answer these questions. The exhibit features current works by artists utilizing fiber and fiber techniques who, through unique interpretation, construct their own answers. With a variety of mediums and applications the resulting display is a vast array of visual forms. These pieces of contemporary fiber art, when presented together, not only answer questions, they begin a new conversation.
• Anyone is welcome to enter. If accepted, nonmembers are required to join the Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh.
• All work must be either fiber in content or executed in a fiber technique.
• Collaborative works will be considered as a single entry. Artists submitting both collaborative and individual works must apply separately.
• Both 2 and 3-dimensional work may be submitted.
• Entries must be ready to securely hang or install.
• Work must be completed in the last 2 years.
• Work cannot have been exhibited in a previous FGP member exhibition or within a 50 mile radius of Pittsburgh, PA.
• Please provide professional quality photos. Images may be used for exhibit promotion.
• FGP will organize photo session(s) prior to the entry deadline.*
• Up to two images may accompany each submission, a full view and a detail.
• Digital images must be in JPEG format, 300 dpi and no more than 1800 pixels high/wide.
• Filename for each JPG must be as follows: artist’s last name and first initial, entry number (1, 2 or 3), key word(s) from title (1 or 2 words ONLY), and view (full or detail) for each image. For example:
• Register online at fiberartspgh.org. Click on Upcoming Exhibitions, Construct and fill out form provided.
• Send submissions via email to email@example.com or by regular post with CD to: Natalie Grandinetti 550 State Route 130, Trafford, PA 15085
• A $25 non-refundable entry fee including up to three entries must accompany submission. Make check payable to the Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh. Fiber Arts website Download PDF application here