- Artist Services
PCA SCHOOL: Ceramics Studio Intern Position
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and maneuver a dolly fork truck. (Training will be provided).
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- The Ceramic Intern position will be a combination of physical and computer related work.
- Ability to focus on multiple projects.
- Reclaiming Clay: availability of Reclaimed clay is vital to our children’s programs and Art Camps. The Ceramics Intern will be primarily responsible for the tasks involved in this process.
- Assist as needed with basic studio housekeeping duties. You will be trained in studio safety and storage. Sweep, mop, laundry, moving boxes.
- Learn basic glazing process, waxing, dipping, pouring, and stirring of glazes prior to use by Access Member and Instructors. Ceramics Intern will also re-constitute underglazes in preparation for use in Children’s Programs or Workshops.
- After an assessment period the Ceramics Intern may be given the responsibility of un-loading electric kilns and placing the work on the appropriate shelves.
- Special Events/ Art Fairs/Empty Bowls/. Occasionally the Ceramic Department may be called upon by the PF/PCA to participate in Community events, including but not limited to demonstrations, sales, fundraisers, Empty Bowls and Yart Sale. You will learn how to pack pots to travel, load in and load out of various venues.
Schedule will be determined according to the candidate’s needs; every attempt will be made to implement a set min/max number of hours, for example X hours every M-W-F or T- TH. Hours may vary due to special events.
To apply send cover letter and resume to: Kyle Houser, at kyle[a]pittsburgharts.org or call 412.361.0455 x338.